Take a journey into Berlin’s alternative and urban scenes with the creators of Berlin’s alternative tours concept. Experience the city’s amazing street art, city markets, café districts, artist quarters, multi-cultural neighborhoods, and much more.
- Discover Berlin’s incredible alternative identity on a guided walking tour
- Explore multicultural quarters including Friedrichshain, Kreuzberg, and Neukölln
- Walk through café districts and local shopping areas in Prenzlauerberg and Mitte
- Visit underground galleries, relaxing canals, and community funded urban farms
- Learn the origins of the Berliner Currywurst, Doner, and the Prater Beer Garden
Take a 4-hour walking tour and discover Berlin’s dynamic culture and lifestyle, and see why it fascinates so many visitors year after year. Creative, tolerant, multi-cultural, and liberal; no other city balances tradition and trends, density and open space, underground and cosmopolitan areas, quite like UNESCO’s first “City of Design.”
On this premier alternative tour you will step off the tourist trail and explore the entire cultural landscape from a local perspective. From alternative underground, to urban and cosmopolitan, your guide will compare the many flavors, colors, and vibes of the East and West Berlin neighborhoods. Stroll through landmarks of the city’s subcultural and countercultural history, and see some of the world’s most breathtaking street art and graffiti up close.
Stop at the Turkish neighborhoods in Kreuzberg, and visit Berlin’s African and former Jewish communities. Take a peek at the city’s colorful gay community, with a stop at one of Berlin’s extravagant neighborhoods. Then, find out more about Berlin’s hiphop and reggae scene at a delightful African beach bar and market. Listen to some amazing stories of the many different cultural movements that have taken hold in this unique city over the years, and discover the true identity of the city as you explore and experience the real Berlin.